FeaturesThe driver can now be used through the regular Qt/QML interface to play content over protocols different from file://. I only tested HTTP but others should be available.
This new feature allowed me to also implement a new player in QtWebKit using the POT driver to stream content to the regular Qt QWebView. Unfortunately I could only find the time to implement this in the WebKit 1 branch, not in WebKit 2 which requires more work. This makes the implementation hardly useful, but it is a start. If anyone wanted to contribute this is where to start. This video shows the new implementation in action:
As QtWebKit now uses the GPU properly, I could also implement a YouTube player app using the same QWebView with just a few lines of code of regular Qt code:
In the video you can also see an application I wrote to implement a YouTube fullscreen player using the YouTube iframe API. Such a sample app is also included in the package.
Of course the real target would be to implement this in QtWebEngine. I was never able to find a version of QtWebEngine with video acceleration for Pi. Anyone who knows one?
PackageThe package now includes:
- build_valgrind.tar: a build of valgrind to analyse your code;
- libpiomxtextures_qmlutils.so: QML plugin to provide a video probe in QML;
- piomxtextures_browser_we: an application that tests the QtWebEngine module (run passing a URL, ./piomxtextures_browser_we http://www.youtube.com);
- piomxtextures_browser_wk: an application that tests the QtWebKit module:
- you can run on WebKit 1 like ./piomxtextures_browser_wk http://www.youtube.com;
- or you can run on WebKit 2 like ./piomxtextures_browser_wk --wk2 http://www.youtube.com;
- piomxtextures_pocplayer: a sample QML player;
- piomxtextures_pocplayer_yt: a youtube sample player (run passing a video ID like ./piomxtextures_pocplayer_yt 71UvXMzVgx4);
- qtdeps.tar: the usual libs needed by Qt and POT;
- Qt-rasp2-5.6.0.tar: a build of Qt 5.6.0 stable including:
- regular Qt 5.6.0 modules;
- untested bluetooth module including BLE support;
- untested MySQL plugin;
- untested QtFtp module;
- untested Qt hat tools module;
Please report any bug you find on github. Don't use in production. Sources will be available shortly. Have fun! ;-)
Download POT 5.3.0-beta1 for Raspbian Jessie Lite Pi2 (also tested on Pi3) here (md5: edbe0ad2a552a5c8280e3876d16b237d).